The Artificial Intelligence Forum of New Zealand (AIFNZ) has grown significantly since our establishment in June 2017 – as a membership based organisation we are moving towards electing members to our Executive Council and Annual Meeting. That means election season is now upon us!
AIFNZ was established to provide a collaborative voice, create connections, increase knowledge, support growth, enable investment and influence AI-related policy. AIFNZ brings together a diverse range of innovators from across industry, government and universities to actively shape and drive New Zealand’s AI capabilities.
AIFNZ is a member of the New Zealand Tech Alliance, a group of independent technology associations from across New Zealand that work together to ensure a strong voice for technology.
To continue building on our success it is critical to have the drive and support of a purposeful Executive Council. We are now seeking nominations for our Executive Council and encourage you to consider the role or nominate someone who can make an impact. In line with our Diversity Policy, we have actively identified skills and experience needed to help us accelerate our strategies and ensure diverse thinking.
Executive Council Nominations
There is now an opportunity to put yourself forward or nominate someone, for a role on the AIFNZ Executive Council. This year we have vacancies for the following positions:
· Corporate – Major (3 positions)
· Corporate – Other (1 position)
· SMEs & Start-ups (1 position)
· Tertiary Education (1 position)
The candidate must be from a AIFNZ member organisation. The details of what’s required and who is entitled to be elected are set out in the online form.
If you wish to nominate someone for a position on the Executive Council, the nomination must be entered into the online form at https://tiny.cc/AIFNZ2018 by 5pm, 2 November 2018.
Notices and Remits
If you wish to propose any notices or motions to be considered at the Annual Meeting, please send them to elections@AIForum.org.nz by 5pm, 8 November 2018.
Online Voting and Other Key Dates
Voting will take place online, in advance of the meeting and the results will be announced at the Annual Meeting. Please see the Charter for an outline of Executive Council Membership and election processes.
The Annual Meeting is scheduled for the 29 November 2018 and is to be held in Auckland. We will be holding the formal Annual Meeting presentation on the same day as the Tech Alliance Year End Event.
· Now: Call for Nominations for Executive Committee representatives issued to Members
· 2 November: Deadline for nominations to be received
· 7 November: List of nominees to be issued to AI Forum NZ Members and electronic voting commences
· 8 November: Any proposed notices, motions or remits to be advised to AIFNZ
· 21 November: Online voting closes. Members to have confirmed attendance to the Annual Meeting
· 28 November: Any proxies for the Annual Meeting received by AIFNZ
· 29 November: Annual Meeting in Auckland, results of online voting announced.