The Artificial Intelligence Forum of New Zealand (AIFNZ) annual meeting is coming soon and there is now a chance for you, or your organisation, to be involved in shaping the future direction of our Aotearoa AI sector!
AIFNZ was established to provide a collaborative voice, create connections, increase knowledge, support growth, enable investment and influence AI related policy. AIFNZ brings together a diverse range of innovators from across industry, government and universities to actively shape and drive New Zealand’s AI capabilities.
AIFNZ is a member of the New Zealand Tech Alliance, a group of independent technology associations from across New Zealand, working together to ensure a strong voice for technology.
To continue building on our success it is critical to have the support of a purposeful Executive Council. We are now seeking nominations for our Executive Council and encourage you to consider the role or nominate someone who can make an impact. In line with our Diversity Policy, we have actively identified skills and experience needed to help us accelerate our strategies and ensure diverse thinking.
Executive Council Nominations
There is now an opportunity to put yourself forward or nominate someone else for a role on the AIFNZ Executive Council. This year we have vacancies for the following positions:
- Corporate – Major (four positions)
- Corporate – Other (one position)
- SMEs & Start-ups (one position)
- Education (one position)
The nominees must be from an AIFNZ member organisation and from the same category they are to represent on the Executive Council.
All nominations must be entered into the online form here by 5pm, Tuesday 12 October 2021.
AIFNZ Executive Council roles and responsibilities include:
- Direct and supervise the business and affairs of AIFNZ
- Attend monthly Executive Council meetings, usually one and a half hours in duration (video conferencing available)
- Represent AIFNZ at industry events and as part of any delegations to government and other key stakeholders
- Assist with managing and securing members of AIFNZ
- Participate in AIFNZ working groups and projects
- Where agreed by the Executive Council, act as a spokesperson for AIFNZ on particular issues relating to working groups or projects
- Be a vocal advocate of AIFNZ.
Voting will take place online, in advance of the meeting. The results will be announced at the Annual Meeting. Please see the Charter for an outline of the Executive Council Membership and election process. Each organisation has one vote, allocated to the primary contact of the member organisation.
Annual Meeting Details
The Annual Meeting is scheduled for 1:30pm on Tuesday 16 November 2021 and is to be held via video conference. Please register here to attend.
Notices and Remits
If you wish to propose any notices or motions to be considered at the Annual Meeting, please email email@example.com by 5pm, Tuesday 26 October 2021.
- Now: Call for Nominations for Executive Council representatives issued to members
- 12 October: Deadline for nominations to be received
- 19 October: List of nominees to be issued to AIFNZ Members and electronic voting commences
- 26 October: Any proposed notices, motions or remits to be advised to AIFNZ
- 16 November: Annual Meeting, results of online voting announced.